Period cramps and pain is very normal complaints of young girls and women of all ages. The medical terminology used for period cramps and pain is called Dysmenorrhea. According to a recent study more every 2 out of 5 women report period cramps and pain at least for two to five days every month. Therefore it is much important to be able to know how to stop period cramps and deal with the pain. In this article, we intend to bring you the top best ways to stop period cramps as it is vital to know how to stop the period cramps so that it does not disturb your daily routine.
Types of Menstrual Cramps
Menstrual cramps, which is known as Dysmenorrhea in medical term, has been divided into two major types.
- Primary Dysmenorrhea – The type of cramps that are normal for every girl and basically begin to show their earliest signs within two years after a girl begin to have her monthly periods.
- Secondary Dysmenorrhea – The secondary type of menstrual pain is because of any serious problem that might arise in the reproductive system of the women. This type of pain only appears in combination with a disease and will last through the periods; from beginning to end.
Symptoms of Menstrual Cramps
The symptoms most commonly associated with menstrual cramps are the following:
- Inflammation in the abdominal region
- Extreme pain in the lower belly
- Pain between thighs and in the buttocks region
- Constant feelings of pressure on the back and abdomen
- Disturbance in bowel movements
- Nausea and vomiting
What Causes Menstrual Cramping?
Some common causes of menstrual cramps are jolts of pain in the uterus. The uterus is the muscle which supports the baby to grow throughout the 9 month gestation period. When not pregnant, the uterus contracts each month and releases unfertilized eggs which cause periods to happen. If the muscles of the uterus contract very hard, this results in period cramps and period pain. The muscles of the uterus will contract if oxygen is not supplied to it sufficiently. It is important to know how to stop period cramps for every woman or else these can result in a serious disturbance in everyday life routine.
How To Stop Period Cramps
If you are fed up of the period cramps every month and it disturbs your life a great deal you must know how to stop period cramps with the easiest ways. The following ways help cramps and period pain to stop or at least become bearable enough so that it does not interfere with daily life routine.
Change in Diet
One of the easiest ways you can tackle period pain is bringing a change in your daily diet intake. Following a low-fat diet has been proven to mild down the overall symptoms of menstrual pain. Using more fresh vegetables also helps.
Using Tea to Help with Cramps
Teas for menstrual cramps are an excellent cure for the pain. It is another safe and easy technique which requires only boiling a few teas leaves in hot water so that the pain can ease down.
Of course if no natural way works then there is always the option of taking painkillers if the pain and cramps are too extreme to be dealt in any other way.