Hydrocodone belongs to the family of medicinal drugs referred to as cough suppressants and is used to manipulate coughing that is exhausting and nonproductive. It actually works on brain tissues to lower the desire of cough. Never consider Hydrocodone as only a cough stopping medicine but also has narcotics characteristics and it can be addiction-forming if taken for long periods of time. Never use it without prescription of your physician or never give it to someone else even they have same symptoms like you as it acts different for different people and may harm them and cause problems like addiction or even death, keep it in a safe place to avoid from children. On the other hand also don’t stop using it on your will instead consult doctor for stopping it. It comes in the form of pill and it is better to take as it is and do not use it in other forms like crush, break etc. To find out how long does Hydrocodone stay in your system we need to know some factors which include features and characteristic of drug and how much doze is taken. To find the duration of medicine remain in system we need to know the half life of medicine and metabolism rate of body.
How Long Does Hydrocodone Stay in Your System
After taking hydrocodone it can have an effect on the system early and reach at peak in one hour and half life of this drug is just 4 hours. Half life mean that one half of hydrocodone can leave the body after 4 hours and maximum time it can take to leave system is 8 hours which is very early and that means that after 24 hours it is very difficult to check the drug test of hydrocodone if user is not a long term user or addicted to it as it can leave the body completely till that time. Metabolism rate of body also play important role in dissolving the medicine, if the liver or kidney of patient is damaged then it may need some time to leave the body as liver can process the medicine and throw out from the body through sweat or urine.
How Long Does Hydrocodone Stay in Your Urine
As mentioned above half life of hydrocodone is four hours and peak life is 8 hours then the level of drug in the urine starts decreasing, but this factor can apply with normal dosage used and if large quantity is taken then it takes more time but in normal condition hydrocodone is detectable in urine for about 8 to 24 hours after ingesting drug.
How Long Does Hydrocodone Stay in Your Hair
Hydrocodone can be detected in hair test for long time after first used and considered as the best drug test to detect the presence of hydrocodone in the body. Drug abuse is detected easily through hair follicle drug test up to three months from first use and tells easily that individual used this medicine in the past. Hair test is also considered as better and accurate result as compared to blood or urine drug test.
Before Using Hydrocodone
Before using Hydrocodone you need to know many things and factors that are essential for your health some of them are:
- It can also slow down the breath so if you have asthma or any other breathing problems or any blockage in stomach or intestines then never use it or use it after consulting your doctor.
- If you are pregnant then also consult with doctor as it may cause problems for new born baby.
- Alcohol can also cause dangerous side effects along with this medicine so avoid alcohol while using Hydrocodone for better results.
- Never use it if you have some kind of allergy or any kind of breathe problem or lungs disease.
- Always consult with doctor for safe usage and tell him/her if you have problems like any drug addiction, alcohol addiction, mental illness, urination problem, any kind of liver or kidney disease, problem in gallbladder, pancreas or thyroid etc.
- Always consult doctor and tell him/her if you are using some other medicines along with it for proper schedule of when and how to take along with other medicines because some medicines after contacting with Hydrocodone can cause severe problems.
- Consult with doctor if you have plan for pregnancy as it affects the new born baby and may cause habit forming affects on baby and need proper medical treatment after birth. Also avoid breast feeding the baby while using medicine because effects also come into the breast milk.
Side Effects of Hydrocodone
After stopping hydrocodone you may have abdominal cramps and can go away with in one or two weeks. If cramps are severe and out of control then consult doctor for treatment.
You may also feel anxiety after stopping drug because it works as depressant and control the activities of brain and user feel relax so it may take time when stop to cover the whole situation.
Desire For Food Changes
After stopping hydrocodone you may feel changes in desire for food for some days and you may not feel hunger or desire to eat anything so for this purpose try to eat healthy food and fruits to overcome it.
As you know that hydrocodone works on brain and make it relax so after stopping little bit depression may occur with persons taking high dose, this is normal and it takes some time to cure but if it is severe then consult physician.
After stopping this medicine you may have diarrhea. Take normal medicine for it and if it becomes severe then consult doctor for treatment.
Some of the other side effects and hydrocodone are chills, dizziness, fatigue, fever, flu, headache, hot flashes, joints pain, mood swing, panic attacks, runny nose, vomiting and sweats. If these problems take some time to leave but if conditions are severe then consult with our physician immediately for treatment. Hope you get the best answer about how long does hydrocodone stay in your system.